You can fix this by simply adding the software as a scheduled task inside windows. Follow the below instructions to enable this functionality.
- Go to your 'Start' menu and type in the search bar 'task scheduler'.
Click on task scheduler.
- In the program that starts, right click on the second option labelled 'Task Scheduler Library' and then click 'Create Basic Task'.
- In the first page enter into the 'Name' text box '4D'
- In the next page select 'When I Log On'.
- Then 'Start A Program'.
- Then in the next page, click the 'Browse...' button and if you are running 4D Create V1 navigate to and select the program 'C:\Program Files\4D Creative Ltd\4D create\FDCreative.ISpaces.UI.exe' and in the 'Start In' box put in 'C:\Program Files\4D Creative Ltd\4D create'.
If using 4D GenIE, when clicking on browse navigate to and select the program 'C:\Program Files\4D Group Ltd\Genie\Engine\FourD.Genie.Agent.exe' and in the 'Start In' text box add 'C:\Program Files\4D Group Ltd\Genie\Engine'.
- On the next page, click finish.
- Reboot the machine and see if the software now loads.